The term “smile makeover” is a weighty one. A smile makeover sounds like a major undertaking that is time-intensive, expensive, and only for people who need a serious overhaul of their smile. Sometimes these things are true – but not all the time. Sometimes all you need is one little tweak to revitalize your appearance. Every patient is unique; your smile makeover will be too.
Upgrade Your Smile with Cosmetic Dentistry
Every smile makeover begins with hope and determination. Your smile isn’t what you want it to be. You don’t love how it looks or feels or works. And, so, you sit down with your Arlington dentist and discuss what you want for yourself, whether that’s to have a whiter smile, fill in missing teeth, be relieved of your TMJ pain, or something else entirely.
Here are just some of the roads you can take to your customized smile makeover thanks to cosmetic dentistry and restorative dentistry:
- Dental implants: Missing teeth are a problem. Not only do they mar your smile, they compromise your oral health. If you’re missing one or two teeth, the neighboring teeth are more likely to shift and be affected by their absence. Missing multiple teeth or an entire arch of teeth will affect the shape of your face over time, leading to a shrunken, compressed-looking jaw. Dental implants permanently fill in the holes in your smile, replace your tooth root, and give you a complete smile again, whether you’re getting one implant or dentures attached to implants.
- Porcelain veneers: When you have multiple aesthetic complaints about your smile, it may feel daunting to think about all the dental work it might require to fix everything. Porcelain veneers can usually get the job done in one. Stains, cracks, discoloration, small teeth, gaps, crooked teeth – whatever you hate about the look of your teeth, veneers conceal it all while looking natural. Plus, they’re super-strong and stain-resistant so your new smile will last for a long time.
- Teeth whitening: When the stains on your teeth are surface stains, it’s tempting to buy into over-the-counter pastes and strips that promise white teeth. They might work a little, but not flawlessly, and not for long. Professional teeth whitening treatments contain powerful bleaching agents that get to the heart of your tooth stains and blast away the discoloration so you are truly left with teeth that are shades whiter. And it only takes an hour at your dentist’s office.
- Dental bonding: A smile makeover might require only 30 minutes of your time to complete if you opt to fix that one tooth you’ve always hated with dental bonding. This easy, quick, non-invasive cosmetic dentistry treatment can reform a misshapen tooth, white a stained tooth, correct a cracked tooth, and so much more. One little procedure can transform your entire smile.
- Invisalign: If you are dealing with several oral health issues – misalignment, TMJ problems, worn enamel, gum recession, gapped teeth – a treatment like Invisalign can fix everything, if you’re patient. This customized orthodontic method corrects your bite and straightens your smile so your mouth looks good and feels good, reducing your likelihood of developing tooth decay or suffering the side effects that come from grinding your teeth.
Find out what the right smile makeover is for you. Remember, dentistry doesn’t have to be complicated to make an impact. Focus on healthy, beautiful teeth, and allow Dr. Macalik to get you to that happy place. Contact us to schedule your appointment.