Seeing your dentist every six months for your regular dental cleaning and exam is incredibly important. Keeping up with your oral health prevents decay, infection, and other oral health problems from developing. Even if you have been brushing and flossing carefully and thoroughly through the COVID-19 quarantine, it’s important to see your dentist as scheduled. They are taking every precaution to keep you safe and comfortable.
Following Safety Protocols for Every Patient Visit
Infectious disease control and social distancing protocols are in place for all dental patients at your Arlington dentist’s office. Here is what you can expect:
- Before your appointment: You will be screened for symptoms over the phone and asked questions about who you have been in contact with and whether you are currently feeling unwell.
- Upon arrival at the dentist’s office: Patients check in by calling the office upon arrival and will be asked to wait in their vehicle for a text alert that it is their turn to be seen. Masks are required upon entering the office and patients can expected another COVID-19 screening and temperature check.
- During your visit: Staff will wear gloves, protective eyewear, protective clothing, and face shields, including KN95 masks, during every procedure. Your teeth cleaning will be done effectively and efficiently. Staff are monitored daily to ensure that they are healthy.
Cleanliness Standards for Your Dentist’s Office
Your Arlington dentist’s office has always been thoroughly and meticulously cleaned daily. Now, COVID-19 protocols have demanded even more thorough disinfecting efforts. Cleaning happens continuously throughout the day and between patients and includes the disinfection of:
- Exam chairs, headrests, and armrests
- Dental radiograph equipment
- Dental chairside computer and keyboard
- Reusable containers of dental materials
- Drawer and faucet handles
- Countertops, including front desk
- Sterilization area
- Lobby seating
- Door handles
- Light switches
- Checkout spaces
- And more
Feel Comfortable at Your Arlington Dentist’s Office
Your dentist understands that many patients have anxiety about going to the dentist in general, and not only during a pandemic. This extra layer of COVID-19 stress has made it much more difficult for many people to feel comfortable leaving their homes and especially going to the dentist.
If there is one place besides your own home where you can feel as safe as possible, it’s at your Arlington dentist’s. We are taking every precaution to ensure the safety and well-being of our patients. We know that if you don’t have your cleanings, you are at a far greater risk of developing oral health complications. And that outcome will cause discomfort and require more time in the dentist’s chair for repairs.
You don’t want to let your oral health fall by the wayside. And please don’t allow our extra protocols for safety discourage you from coming to your appointment either. A few extra minutes for temperature checks and symptom checks are worth the effort.
Have a little bit a patience and a lot of trust in our team. We are still the same dental office you have long relied upon. Contact Dr. Alana Macalik, Arlington dentist, to schedule your cleaning and check-up. Make your oral health a priority during this time of uncertainty.