Arlington cosmetic dentist Dr. Alana Macalik will be hosting her dental practice’s first annual Free Dental Day on Friday, June 14, 2019, at 2265 W. Green Oaks Boulevard in Arlington, TX. Starting at 9 a.m., patients who need but cannot afford important dental procedures or preventive care will be seen on a first-come, first-served basis to receive one of the following procedures: a tooth filling, a tooth extraction, or a dental cleaning.
Take Care of Your Teeth in Arlington on Free Dental Day
Dr. Macalik is offering the three following dental procedures on Free Dental Day:
- Tooth filling: If you know you have a cavity or are experiencing sensitivity in a tooth, get the dental decay removed from your enamel, ensure that it hasn’t gone deeper, and have the tooth with a tooth-colored filling so it is protected and restored.
- Tooth extraction: If you have severe tooth pain, there is a very good chance you are living with a tooth infection or even an abscess. These problems will only continue to grow until they are impossible to avoid – you may already be at that point. A tooth extraction will relieve you from your pain.
- Dental cleaning: Cleanings and check-ups form the basis of good oral health. If it’s been too long since you have had plaque, tartar, and bacteria removed from your teeth, now is the time to get it done and give your teeth a fresh slate.
The Importance of Regular Dental Care
In an ideal world, everyone sees their dentist every six months for a dental exam and professional teeth cleaning. These preventive visits include x-rays once a year and allow your dentist an opportunity to check in on the state of your teeth, gums, and overall oral health.
During a dental exam, Dr. Macalik looks for changes in your teeth – cracks, chips, or other problems that could allow bacteria in or compromise your bite or comfort. She reviews your mouth and neck for any signs of oral cancer. She looks for early symptoms of gum disease. Even if you take excellent care of your teeth at home and brush and floss daily as you should, there are some things that you simply cannot see in your oral health that only your dentist can recognize.
Through regular dental visits, you get quality preventive care that keeps your teeth and gums healthy and prevents oral health problems from developing or progressing.
Reasons People Avoid the Dentist
There are many reasons people do not see their dentist every six months or when they are having tooth pain or other problems:
- They do not have dental insurance.
- Out-of-pocket costs are too high.
- They have dental anxiety.
- They worry that the dental repairs will hurt.
- They are embarrassed about their oral health problems.
- They believe the problem will just go away.
All of these are valid reasons, but none of these reasons are good enough to neglect your oral health. Your mouth is the gateway to the rest of your body. If your teeth and gums aren’t healthy, this can account for inflammation, deficiencies, and other problems throughout your system.
Visit a dentist who is focused on patient care and understands your reservations so you can take the steps to make your oral health a priority. Dental anxiety can be overcome and eased with sedation dentistry. Every single dental problem has a solution – no matter what condition your teeth are in. And there are always financing options that can suit your budget so you can get the oral health care you need.
Visit Dr. Macalik on Free Dental Day to get the oral health care you need. Or schedule a visit with a dedicated appointment time. Find out what your teeth need and figure out how to make it happen.