When you have a damaged or unsightly tooth, you may put off repairs or just learn to live with it because you don’t want to worry about going to the dentist. But you don’t have to settle for a less-than-perfect smile. In fact, the solution to your problem can be quick, painless, non-invasive, and affordable if you’re a good candidate for dental bonding.
Dental Bonding Makes Dental Repairs Easy
If you have a dental problem, don’t try to wait until your next teeth cleaning and exam to address it. Little oral health problems eventually turn into big oral health problems when they’re not taken care of right away. Why put yourself at risk for tooth decay or infection, why face potential repairs like a filling or root canal therapy when you can fix what’s wrong quickly and easily with dental bonding?
Here is what you need to know:
- Dental bonding only takes about 30 minutes per tooth to complete.
- The repair is non-invasive – no drilling, no shots needed.
- Dental bonding is a painless repair.
Remember, if you have dental anxiety – even about something as simple as dental bonding – we understand. Never hesitate to discuss your fears. We offer sedation dentistry when you need it so you can get the oral health care you need in a timely manner to keep your teeth and gums healthy.
Dental Bonding: The Versatile Solution
Dental bonding can be used to repair many different tooth problems, including:
- Chipped teeth – Build up a damaged tooth so it is once again complete.
- Cracked teeth – Cover a crack before bacteria and food particles get inside the tooth.
- Decay – Repair small surface fillings before they grow larger.
- Discoloration – Get a white tooth that blends with the rest of your teeth.
- Gapped teeth – Fill in small spaces to connect teeth and eliminate gaps.
- Gum recession – Protect a tooth root that has been exposed because of recession.
- Odd-shaped teeth – Build up a tooth to the right shape and size so it doesn’t stand out.
- Short or small teeth – Lengthen teeth that are too small so they look even and attractive.
There are many cosmetic dentistry and restorative dentistry treatments like porcelain crowns, porcelain veneers, and tooth-colored fillings that can also correct the above problems, but if you can get a long-lasting, effective repair from simple, fast dental bonding, that’s a win all the way around.
Sometimes dental bonding is even used to repair a damaged restoration. For instance, if you had a filling or crown that broke after years of wear, a new restoration could be created, but dental bonding might be enough to build the tooth back up, saving you time, cost, and stress.
Are You a Good Candidate for Dental Bonding?
Your Arlington dentist will always recommend the best and most viable, long-lasting options for your dental repairs so you can get the care you need. If you are a good candidate for dental bonding, she will let you know. This treatment is a win-win whenever it is an option for you – it not only corrects teeth, it beautifies them too.
Through a fast and simple prep, application, sculpting, and polishing procedure, dental bonding can transform your smile and your oral health. Contact us today to schedule an appointment with Dr. Alana Macalik, Arlington dentist.