Going to the dentist every six months for a checkup and teeth cleaning is not anyone’s idea of a good time. Skipping these essential appointments, however, is the fast track to tooth decay, dental damage, and poor oral health. You don’t have to do anything fancy to your teeth to keep them healthy and strong, but you do need to rely on the basics of general dentistry.
General Dentistry Services
When you rely on a family dental practice, you’ll quickly come to learn that they offer a comprehensive menu of general dentistry services to make sure you and your family have excellent teeth and gums. The goal is to keep your teeth strong, healthy, and protected. Treatments include:
- Dental cleanings and exams: The backbone of general dentistry and the best way to keep your mouth healthy for life. Receive a thorough teeth cleaning and dental exam that looks for decay, gum disease, and other oral health problems.
- Oral cancer screening: A brief but integral part of every dental exam, the soft tissues of your mouth and neck are examined for signs of oral cancer.
- Family dentistry: It’s incredibly convenient to rely on one dental practice for your entire family’s oral health needs. A family dentistry office does just that, offering general, cosmetic, emergency, and restorative dentistry services.
- Pediatric dentistry: Dental care for the youngest patients who are set up for a lifetime of prioritizing oral health when they have good early visits to their dentist.
- Dental sealants: Applied to the biting surface of newly erupted molars in children, sealants coat the enamel and keep cavities at bay. Some adults qualify for this treatment too.
- Protective mouth guards: If you play a sport, a protective mouth guard is a must to ensure that a collision, fall, or hit from a piece of equipment doesn’t damage your teeth.
- Sedation dentistry: When you are anxious about any dental treatment, sedation dentistry is an option that helps calm patients and make every procedure that much easier to get through.
- TMJ therapy and night guards: If you grind your teeth unconsciously while you sleep, a customized night guard can be worn to protect from unwanted side effects like headaches, damaged teeth, gum recession, and more.
How Emergency Dental Care Fits Into General Dentistry
Good general dentistry isn’t only about tending to your teeth on a regular basis with cleanings and exams, it’s about taking care of problems as they arise. Emergency dentistry is an essential part of oral health, because you need to know you can rely on your Arlington dentist whenever you need immediate dental care.
You don’t want anything to threaten the foundation of your oral health, and getting help right away for the following problems means you have a better chance of avoiding serious oral health consequences:
- A blow to the mouth
- Chronic pain
- Dislodged tooth
- Severe and acute tooth pain
- Damaged dental work
- Lost crowns or fillings
- Jaw injury
Get the Dental Care You Need in Arlington, TX
General dentistry is a large umbrella with many categories underneath it. Whatever you need when it comes to your teeth and gums, rely on your Arlington dentist Dr. Alana Macalik. Schedule a consultation to discuss your questions or concerns and find out what you need to keep your oral health in great condition.