You may be sitting in a classroom or standing at the front of it, but from parents to teachers to students, everyone feels better about themselves and the school year ahead when they have a gorgeous, healthy, bright smile. If you’re unhappy with your teeth, it’s time to talk to your Arlington, TX, dentist about the smile makeover that’s earns an A+ for you.
Whiten Your Teeth
If you want a whiter, brighter smile without a lot of fuss or expense, professional teeth whitening is one of the best choices for your smile makeover. You have two options for this treatment:
- ZOOM! teeth whitening: This one-hour in-office procedure uses intense bleaching agents and a laser light to brighten your teeth. If you only have a little bit of time to change your appearance before making your debut for this school year, ZOOM! is an excellent choice for qualified candidates.
- At-home teeth whitening: Prefer to whiten up on your own time? Take-home whitening kits from your dentist come with powerful bleaching agents and customized trays that allow you to whiten your teeth at your own convenience. After a few weeks, that white smile will shine through.
Perfect Your Entire Smile
If you want nothing less than the perfect smile for the new school year, there is one procedure that can guarantee such a look: porcelain veneers. Through this cosmetic dentistry treatment, everything you dislike about your teeth can be concealed permanently through customized, thin porcelain shields, including characteristics like:
- Stains and discoloration
- Short teeth
- Gapped teeth
- Odd-shaped teeth
Bright and Easy Updates
Sometimes, all you need are a few little tweaks to make your smile look better. You don’t always have to invest in an intense smile makeover. If you’re concerned about your budget or time, consider the following procedures to boost the look of your smile:
- Teeth cleaning: Yep, that’s right. If it’s a been a while since you’ve had your teeth professionally cleaned and polished, this simple, quick procedure can transform your smile tremendously.
- Dental bonding: Have one or two teeth that stick out because of a stain or a weird shape? You don’t have to get a smile makeover over your entire mouth – you can invest in dental bonding which is a non-invasive, fast procedure that changes the tooth that gets all the attention, giving you a smile that’s seamless.
Preventive Dental Corrections
While you’re consulting with your Arlington dentist about you’re A+ smile makeover, be sure to talk about any smile concerns you have, especially issues like:
- Teeth grinding: If you grind or clench your teeth, you likely suffer from pain and discomfort on the regular. TMJ treatment, like a customized mouthguard, can prevent this problem from destroying your teeth or causing worn tooth enamel, gum recession, and damaged dental work.
- Crooked teeth: Maybe you’re interested in really making a big difference to your smile and you’re willing to do it throughout the school year. Invisalign can give you the straight teeth you’ve always wanted and do it discreetly.
Whether you’re in the classroom, on Zoom, or just the one packing lunches, you deserve to have a smile that makes you feel smart and good about yourself for this school year. Contact Dr. Alana Macalik in Arlington, TX, to schedule an appointment.