Your oral health demands your attention every day. But if you’re unhappy with the appearance of your smile, for whatever reason, it’s time to think about what a smile makeover can do for you. If you haven’t set your New Year’s resolution yet, consider putting your energy toward improving your teeth.
Brush and Floss Like Clockwork
Keeping your teeth healthy and clean has multiple benefits:
- You ward off cavities and infection.
- Your smile is always ready for cosmetic dentistry
- Your teeth look good because they’re clean.
Simple, right? But do you prioritize your oral hygiene at home? Your dental hygienist knows for sure. Get a soft-bristle toothbrush, fluoride toothpaste, highly rated dental floss, and get to work. It only takes a few minutes every day to keep your smile looking and feeling good and keep bacteria at bay.
Keep Your Dental Appointments
You should see your dentist every six months for a thorough teeth cleaning and dental exam. This ensures that:
- Plaque and bacteria are meticulously scraped away.
- You receive a teeth polishing until they shine.
- Your dentist reviews x-rays for any hidden problems under the gums.
- You get an oral cancer screening and review for gum disease.
Dental visits may seem like a time suck on your already busy calendar but keeping up with these visits only twice a year will keep your mouth and teeth healthy and strong. Your dentist will catch any early problems before they have time to develop and cause even bigger problems, or demand that you spend even more time in the dentist’s chair undergoing costly repairs.
Invest in Cosmetic Dentistry
Are you ready to make a big change to your smile? Maybe you want to finally invest in that little cosmetic tweak you’ve been thinking about for years. Cosmetic dentistry can be the difference between an OK smile and one that shines. Consider treatments like:
- Teeth whitening, a fast, easy, non-invasive treatment that makes your smile multiple shades whiter in an hour.
- Porcelain veneers, which conceals all cosmetic imperfections and builds out your smile into a broad, beautiful grin.
- Dental bonding, a quick and painless procedure that corrects minor cracks, chips, gaps, and discoloration.
Commit to Invisalign
Maybe the year ahead for you is the year of Invisalign. This orthodontic alternative takes about 12 months to complete, though some patients require only six to eight months in the clear trays. It all depends on how severe your misalignment is and how much work needs to be done to get your smile in order. Committing to this treatment is the best way to:
- Get a straight smile for a lifetime.
- Enjoy a healthier smile that is easier to keep clean and free of cavities.
- Straighten your smile discreetly.
Customize Your Smile Makeover
Not sure what kind of smile makeover is right for you? Your Arlington, TX, dentist near me is happy to help. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Alana Macalik and her team and talk about what dissatisfies you about your smile. She will have recommendations about the best smile makeover procedures for your budget, comfort level, and smile goals.