Change Your Life with a Smile Makeover
A smile makeover is unique to every patient. Whether you undergo one or many procedures, cosmetic dentistry or restorative dentistry, the goal of Arlington dentist Dr. Alana Macalik is to give you a smile that is both beautiful and healthy.
What Is a Smile Makeover?
The word “makeover” can make people think of major overhauls, lengthy procedures, and far too much time in the dentist’s chair. But this is not what a smile makeover has to look like. In fact, there are many definitions of a smile makeover.
Some patients need their neglected oral health addressed in multiple ways. They may find themselves with multiple dental appointments and need to be patient to get to the finish line. Other people, however, discover that one procedure may very well be all they need to get a flawless smile.
The only requirement to qualify for a smile makeover is to want a better smile, whether that includes white teeth, straight teeth, closing gaps, replacing teeth, or something else entirely.
Smile Makeover Procedures
In your smile makeover consultation with Dr. Macalik, she will review all the treatment options that you qualify for based on the condition of your smile now and where you want it to be. Here are just some of the procedures that might be available to you:
- Teeth whitening: Professional teeth whitening is the optimum way to get a whiter smile. Take-home kits are available, but most patients opt for an in-office ZOOM! Whitening so they can have a megawatt smile in just about an hour.
- Mercury-free fillings: If you are living with silver fillings, they are not only noticeable, they aren’t good for your health. Composite fillings are free from amalgam and mercury and these tooth-colored fillings blend with your enamel to conceal themselves.
- Porcelain veneers: If you want a VIP smile, the VIP cosmetic dentistry treatment is porcelain veneers, which conceal every aesthetic complaint you have and create a natural-looking smile that is white, straight, and flawless.
- Dental implants: Replacing missing teeth has never been more secure than with dental implants. This long-term, permanent solution replaces the tooth root and the crown of the tooth so you have a complete smile that is strong and beautiful.
- Dental bridge: A bridge closes the gap between two teeth where another tooth once lived, ensuring that the remaining teeth do not drift out of place and completing your smile so it is fully functional.
- Dental crowns: If you undergo a root canal for an infected tooth, if you have a dental bridge put in place, or if you have an unsightly tooth, dental crowns cover the problem tooth so it is strong and secure.
- Dental bonding: The biggest smile complaints can sometimes have the smallest solution, like dental bonding. A misshapen tooth, a stained tooth, a cracked tooth – problems like these can often be repaired in a non-invasive way with dental bonding.
- TMJ therapy: If you have a problem with your temporomandibular joint, this can create severe discomfort, including jaw pain, enamel erosion, gum recession, headaches, and more. Therapy can include the use of appliances and exercises to address the problem, as well as dental restorations to correct any damage done by the TMJ issues.
Get Your Customized Smile Makeover
Everyone has different priorities when it comes to upgrading their smile, and every patient is different. You can be young or old, student or professional – any demographic is eligible for a smile makeover. The only thing you need to have in common is the desire to look your very best and have a flawless smile.
Patients who have dragged their feet about seeing their dentist because they’re anxious or embarrassed should know that your dentist has seen it all. There is no situation that is too surprising, no smile that is too broken down to fix.
Whatever state your oral health is in, there are solutions to be had, and most of them are far easier to endure with the help of sedation dentistry, an option that many patients choose to help keep them calm and relaxed during their smile makeover procedures.