Get a Free Second Opinion from an Arlington Dentist
When you have dental work in your future, it’s important that you feel confident about the procedures ahead.
Before you embark on the physical and financial investment for cosmetic dentistry or restorative dentistry, Dr. Alana Macalik invites you to schedule a free second opinion at her Arlington dental practice so you can get feedback about a diagnosis received from another dental office.
When You Should Get a Free Second Opinion from a Dentist
If you have any doubts or questions about an oral health diagnosis and subsequent treatment plan, it’s important to get a second opinion. If any of the following questions are in your mind, it’s a clear sign that you need more details and expert input to feel comfortable about the work ahead.
• Do I really need this dental procedure? Do you think the dental work that has been suggested to you is excessive or unnecessary? Do you think a simpler or less-invasive procedure may get the job done? Every dentist has their own beliefs about the kind of treatment that is correct for an oral health issue. If you think there is another route, listen to your gut and get another dentist’s input so you can discuss alternative treatment options.
• Will this treatment really fix my teeth for good? If you have the same dental problem over and over and need treatment over and over, you naturally will be dissatisfied with your oral health care. In situations like this, it’s wise to get a second opinion, which will either confirm that you have an oral health issue that is difficult to permanently correct, or that you have not been well-served by the dentist you’ve been seeing.
• Am I being charged too much for this dental work? Dental care is expensive. While cost should never be the deciding factor when it comes to dental restorations – this is not the time to bargain shop – it is important to determine if you’re being charged a reasonable rate based on your condition and location.
When it comes to cosmetic dentistry, you will want a second opinion as this type of dental work has various price points depending on the quality of the materials used, the procedures done, the location of the dental office, and the experience of the dentist.
Questions to Ask During Your Dental Appointment for a Free Second Opinion
Your appointment for a free second opinion is an opportunity to talk to an expert in an open and honest way without any commitment. Be prepared to tell Dr. Macalik about your dental problem and get her opinion on what your treatment should be. Then reveal what your other dentist has recommended.
Ask questions like:
• Do you agree with the diagnosis of my other dentist?
• What are all possible treatment options?
• How much does each treatment cost?
• How long will the results of the treatment last?
• What will happen if I don’t get this dental work done?
• Does the dental work need to be done immediately?
• Can I have one treatment done at your office then go back to my other dentist?
• Do you offer sedation dentistry for my dental anxiety?
The point of a free second opinion is to glean information and wisdom from an experienced dentist without any pressure. Be wary of any dentists who attempt to turn you against your existing dentist or who you suspect are just telling you what you want to hear.
Arlington Dentist Offers Free Second Opinions
Getting more than one perspective on the state of your oral health is always a good idea, especially if you have dental anxiety, are worried about cost, or have hesitations about the invasiveness of a procedure or whether the results will last.
At Dr. Alana Macalik’s Arlington dental office, we are prepared to guide you through every step of your dental care, help you weigh treatment options, and give you information so you’ll feel empowered to make the right decisions for your oral health.
Our biggest priority is helping you achieve optimal oral health. Schedule your free second opinion with Dr. Macalik today. We look forward to meeting you and introducing you to our practice.