Transform Your Smile with Professional Teeth Whitening
Teeth whitening remains one of the most popular cosmetic dentistry treatments for good reason: It’s fast and it works. Your teeth will never be whiter after a professional bleaching, and you can have this procedure done at Dr. Alana Macalik’s dental office in Arlington, TX.
Options for Teeth Whitening
Teeth whitening is an excellent smile makeover option for many patients. To qualify for this cosmetic dentistry procedure, you must first have a dental exam. It’s essential that you have healthy teeth and gums before any aesthetic treatment can get underway. When your teeth are in good condition, you have a strong foundation for any changes, and the smile upgrade you choose will work better and last longer.
ZOOM! whitening is an in-demand teeth whitening procedure for its speed and effectiveness. Your lips and gums are covered as a precaution to prevent against any potential sensitivity to the bleaching agents in the teeth whitening, but that’s as invasive as the treatment gets. There should be no discomfort during your whitening session.
Once the prep is complete, Dr. Macalik will apply the whitening agents to the front surfaces of your teeth. A laser light is then positioned at your teeth and programmed to carry out the whitening. A complete ZOOM! whitening usually includes four 15-minute sessions so that, after an hour, your treatment will be complete, your teeth will be multiple shades whiter, and your smile will be bright and beautiful.
If you would prefer to whiten your teeth on your own time, take-home whitening kits are also available with instructions on how to manage the trays and whitening gel. You can spruce up your teeth at your leisure to get a flattering whitening effect.
Professional Teeth Whitening or Over-the-Counter Whitening?
There are many reasons professional teeth whitening is better than over-the-counter whitening treatments:
- Power: The composition of your Arlington dentist’s whitening products is what set them apart from any efforts you exert on your own. Over-the-counter (OTC) whitening products do not contain the same powerful bleaching agents as your dentist’s whitening materials. Carbamide peroxide and hydrogen peroxide are musts to truly eliminate stains and create bright white teeth.
- Results: Any do-it-yourself smile upgrade can come with variable results. A customized whitening in your dentist’s office allows your dentist to target every tooth fully and take any existing dental work into account during the procedure. OTC products are one-size-fits-all, and that size might not work for you.
- Effectiveness: OTC whitening strips, gels, toothpastes, or otherwise certainly can get the job done when it comes to whitening teeth, but the results will never be brilliant white like a pro job, nor will it be long-lasting. Professional whitening gets to the heart of any stain and discoloration to break it apart and make it disappear. DIY treatments merely scratch the surface of your teeth.
Fast Facts About Teeth Whitening
If you’re looking for a way to upgrade your smile while getting the most bang for your buck, teeth whitening gets the job done. But here are some things you may not have known about teeth whitening:
- You can whiten crooked teeth. Your teeth don’t have to be perfect to benefit from teeth whitening. In fact, imperfect teeth can look flawless when they’re beautifully white.
- There are different types of tooth stains. The source of the discoloration on your teeth can vary, but the biggest culprits are coffee, smoking, poor oral hygiene, age, and medication.
- You may not be able to whiten your teeth. If your DNA is such that you have dull-looking, thin, or yellowish tooth enamel, no amount of professional whitening can change that. There is always an alternative, however, and people in this situation often opt for porcelain veneers instead for a not only white smile, but a flawless one.
There is a cosmetic dentistry solution for whatever smile complaint you have. If whiter teeth are your goal, schedule a consultation with Dr. Macalik in Arlington to discuss the best options for your smile. Contact our office today to schedule an appointment.